What Does a Social Media Manager Do?
You probably have a lot of questions about what a social media manager does and why you need to hire one. and we get it. It's hard to know what you're getting yourself into. It's not just about posting pics of your lunch and memes.
As social media managers, we are responsible for creating and implementing a strategy that meets your business objectives—and then creating content that aligns with that strategy and brand voice. We will also research your audience, influencers, competitors, and customers to determine where there are opportunities to connect meaningfully with them, what they care about most right now, and how best to reach them. In addition to posting content on your company's social media channels, we will also engage in proactive engagement with consumers and influencers—responding quickly when they reach out or comment on posts so they feel heard and valued as customers.
We are also responsible for social listening: monitoring trends in the news and other relevant content sources so that you can stay on top of what's happening in the wider world as well as within your industry. And finally, we will analyze all this data (the good stuff AND the bad) so that we can report back to you on what might need adjusting moving forward...
1. Strategy: A social media manager can develop a comprehensive strategy for your social media accounts, including content creation, posting schedule, and engagement tactics.
2. Expertise: A social media manager has expertise in social media marketing and can help you achieve your business goals through social media.
3. Consistency: A social media manager can ensure that your brand messaging is consistent across all social media platforms.
4. Time-saving: Hiring a social media manager can save you time and effort as they can handle all the social media activities for your business.
5. Audience targeting: A social media manager can help you target your ideal audience and engage with them to build your brand awareness.
6. Content creation: A social media manager can create and curate engaging content that resonates with your audience, leading to increased engagement and conversions.
7. Analytics: A social media manager can track and analyze social media metrics to identify what’s working and what’s not, and adjust the strategy accordingly.
8. Crisis management: In the event of a social media crisis, a social media manager can quickly and effectively respond to the situation, protecting your brand’s reputation.
9. Staying on top of trends: A social media manager can keep up with the latest social media trends and changes in algorithms to ensure that your business stays ahead of the curve.
10. ROI: A social media manager can help you maximize your return on investment by creating and executing a targeted social media strategy that drives traffic, leads, and sales.
A social media manager is someone who helps you plan, implement and monitor your social media strategy.
We can help with everything from writing posts to setting up paid ads to analyze the results. But these are separate services.
Social media managers don't do any of the following:
- Email marketing
- Graphic design
- Business consulting and advice
- Paid ads management
- Google Analytics analysis